Thank you Lisa Wiseman. Seeing your manifesto made me begin to think about where I wanted to go and what was important to me. In the following I am probably going to have to borrow and maybe even copy a bit. I think this is important enough that I need to do it and work it into a more final form over time.
These following principles will guide both my personal and professional life:
1. The greatest creative work comes from being self-reliant. I want to take my photography to the edge and do something worth talking about. In four words: I will not settle.
2. I will always look for the beauty in everything that touches my life.
3. I will always treat my clients with honesty and integrity; In the same way I would want to be treated.
4. I will remember mass taste is not usually good taste at the same time I do not allow my perception of what art is to become elitist.
5. I will take seriously a commitment to life long learning, my craft and generally.
6. I will always have worthwhile goals to work toward, both professionally and personally.
7.I will strive to live a simple life; Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious, and adding the meaningful.
8. From Frank Lloyd Wright: An eye to see nature, A heart to feel nature, and the courage to follow nature.
9. The courage to except nothing but excellence at the same time realizing I will at times fail.
10. To search for elegance and beauty even in the common place.